Crime watch

| 04 Sep 2018 | 11:19


Arrest in Political DisputeIn these polarized times, political discussions can quickly turn disputatious. At 11:24 p.m. on Saturday, August 25, a 31-year-old man was discussing politics inside a Park Avenue apartment with a 33-year-old male friend when the friend began punching the younger man, according to a police account. Byron Peterson, 33, was arrested the following day on assault charges, police said.

Shoplifter NabbedAt 7 p.m. on Friday, August 24, an employee of Bloomingdale’s on Third Avenue saw a 20-year-old woman take items of merchandise, exit from a fitting room with two bags of clothes, and then leave the store without paying, according to the store’s account to police. The items stolen and recovered included 20 dresses valued at $12,660, one top worth $139, and one pair of pants priced at $375, making a total haul of $13,174. Talia Senior was later arrested and charged with grand larceny.

DRZ MIAIt’s still open season on motorcycles. At 9 p.m. on Wednesday, August 22, a 22-year-old man parked his motorcycle at the southwest corner of Park Avenue and East 81st Street. When he returned the following day at 4:40 p.m. his 2014 Suzuki DRZ was missing. He spoke to the super of his building, requesting a copy of their surveillance video. Sure enough, the video showed someone making off with the bike, which is valued at $7,000.

Perfume PilferedAt 5:35 p.m. on Saturday, August 25, a 28-year-old loss prevention officer inside the Victoria’s Secret store at 165 East 86th St. was reviewing surveillance video when she saw a woman remove a large quantity of perfumes from display shelves before concealing them in a pink bag. The shoplifter then left the store without paying. She got away with 24 bottles of perfume valued at $1,424.

No Room for ThievesThe Mark Hotel almost became the mark of two grifters. At 2:09 a.m. on Saturday, August 25, two men checked into the popular establishment at 25 East 77th St. A 40-year-old male employee told police that the men needed to pay a remaining balance of $743.64. He followed them to their room to get their credit card to pay, and when he tried to swipe the card authorizing payment, the card was declined and the two men took off for parts unknown.