Crime watch

| 18 Jun 2018 | 03:25


Motorist Arrested after Assaulting Bicyclist

An arrest followed a scuffle between a bicyclist and a motorist on the afternoon of June 12. At 4:35 p.m., a 31-year-old male motorist believed that a 21-year-old man had hit his car with his bike. The bicyclist and the motorist got into a verbal dispute on East 70th Street, police said. The motorist, later identified as Julio Limones, then began punching the bicyclist in the face and threw him into a wall. The bicyclist fought back, striking the motorist in the back of his head, cutting him. The bicyclist was taken to Cornell Hospital for treatment. Limones was arrested and charged with assault, police said.

Dinner Dispute

A row between two acquaintances turned violent and led to another arrest. At 8:15 p.m. on Monday, June 11, a 27-year-old woman was smoking a cigarette outside 20 East 60th St. when a 42-year-old female acquaintance came up to her and pushed her in the face with an open palm, according to a police account. The victim told police that the acquaintance used to date one of the friends she was having dinner with. Lindita Nezaj was arrested the following day and charged with assault.

Needle Threat

A shoplifter threatened a store employee with a needle. At 11:15 p.m. on Sunday, June 10, a 23-year-old male employee inside the CVS drugstore at 1223 Second Ave. said he observed a 30-year-old individual remove electric grooming items from a store display and place it in a bag. The suspected shoplifter then tried to leave the store, but the employee intervened and said, “You’re not leaving the store with that.” The shoplifter then took out a needle from a pocket and brandished it at the employee. The employee moved out of the way, and the shoplifter fled the store, heading westbound on East 62nd Street. The merchandise stolen was tagged at $194.

Cash Stash Stolen

At 6 p.m. on Thursday, May 24, a 32-year-old woman living on East 88th Street placed approximately $40,000 in cash in a Ziploc bag and stashed it underneath a cushion on her couch. Then at 12:45 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6, she went to remove cash to pay a bill and discovered that the money was missing. She told police that both her babysitter and building staff had access to her apartment.